Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 27, 2017 – Registration and boat check in (Redding, CA)
Sunday, May 28, 2017 – Race day (starts in Redding, CA)
Monday, May 29, 2017 – Awards ceremony and lunch (Chico, CA)
Paddle Fest & the Cal 100 at a Glance
Paddle down the beautiful Sacramento River on a course that passes the Sundial Bridge, oak woodlands, dramatic lava flows, riparian gallery forests, the valley floor and farmland. This moving water includes many riffles and a few class one and two rapids. This is a event that you don’t want to miss.
Kayaks, surfskis, canoes and SUPs – solo or teams – are invited to race. The cost is $150 per paddler.
You (and your team) and your craft must be competent in moving water (pre-race clinics are a great way to prepare for the Cal 100.
Choose from four course lengths.
- 25-mile course – from Redding to Balls Ferry
- 50-mile course – from Redding to Red Bluff
- 50-mile course – from Red Bluff to Chico
- 100-mile course – from Redding to Chico.
Start times will be based on boat type. All boats in each category will start together.
All finishers in all categories will receive a medal and acknowledgement of their accomplishment at the awards ceremony on Monday. Top three 100-mile finishers in four categories will be awarded prize money.
Prize money will be awarded for top three 100-mile finishers in these categories:
- Overall (boats with more than one paddler) – top three men and women teams
- Solo kayak/surfski – top three men and women
- Solo canoe – top three men and women
- Solo SUP – top three men and women
In each category, prizes will be:
- First place – $1,000
- Second place – $500
- Third place – $250